American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia in Dentistry
THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF ANESTHESIA & SEDATION IN DENTISTRY
Disclosure of No Financial Conflicts of Interest
The ASAAD, in planning continuing education programming for the ASAAD Meeting, will adhere to the following policies:
1. Program topic selection will be based on perceived needs for professional information and not for the purpose of endorsing specific commercial drugs, materials, products, treatments, or services.
2. Funds received from commercial sources in support of any educational programs shall be unrestricted and the ASAAD Education Committee shall retain exclusive rights regarding the selection of presenters, instructional materials, program content and format, etc.
3. Any and all commercial support received shall be acknowledged in program announcements, brochures, and the on-site program book.
4. Commercial support shall be limited to:
a. the payment of reasonable honoraria;
b. reimbursement of presenters' out of pocket expenses; and
c. the payment of the cost of modest meals or social events held as part of an educational activity.
5. Presenters shall be instructed to avoid recommending or mentioning any specific product by its trade name, using generic terms whenever possible. When reference is made to a specific product by its trade name, reference shall also be made to competitive products.
6. Speakers will be required to disclose any potential bias to commercial supporters of any activity related to the ASAAD Meeting.
The ASAAD shall:
1. Be responsible for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of all CDE activities.
2. Assure that presentations give a balanced view of all therapeutic options.
3. Assure that commercial exhibits do not influence planning nor interfere with the presentation of CDE activities.
4. Be responsible for making ultimate decisions regarding funding arrangements for CDE activities.
5. Assure that commercially supported social events at CDE activities do not compete with, nor take precedence over, the educational events.
6. Have a policy on conflict of interest and assure that all CDE activities conform to this policy.
Administration and instructors in this course have no financial interest in any commercial products used. Generic names are used whenever possible. ASAAD courses are supported exclusively by tuition with no commercial funding.